Here you will find a list of helpful topics and important information about our products, purchases, care and maintenance. If you have any other questions about your equipment, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retra Flash Series
This is a collection of frequently asked questions concerning the use, maintenance and compatibility of the Retra Flash.
Is the Supercharger compatible with Original Retra Flash?
No, the Supercharger is only compatible with the Retra Flash Pro/Prime and Retra Flash ProX/Prime X models.
The indicator light is flashing red/blue indicating battery compartment leakage. What should I do?
If there are at least 2 millilitres of water inside the battery compartment of the Retra Flash, the built-in leakage detector will be triggered.
Follow all diving safety protocols and check the battery compartment at your earliest convenience. Remove the batteries and use fresh water and mild soap to clean the battery compartment after a flooding incident.
The leakage detector got triggered but I don't see any water inside the battery compartment. What should I do?
- Check the battery compartment and battery compartment cap for any kind of indication of water or moisture. If you are using a Supercharger check for any kind of indication of water or moisture inside the Supercharger battery compartment as well.
- Position flashgun vertically with the dome facing down and check the front dome for any kind of indication of water or moisture inside the flashgun. If there is any kind of water present inside the flash DO NOT use the flash. Remove the batteries and contact us for assistance at: email@example.com.
- The battery surface may have come in contact with the housing due to damaged wrapping on the battery. Reposition your batteries and try again. If the problem persists batteries may need to be replaced.
- Upgrade Firmware.
- If the problem persists, but there is no water or moisture inside any part of the flashgun, Firmware is up to date and you are using new batteries, contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What sort of routine do you recommend for Retra O-rings?
We suggest lubricating o-rings every 10 times the battery compartment is opened/closed. We supply a silicone grease with the Retra Flash, although any silicone grease is useful for lubrication.
Light Shaping Device (LSD)
This is a collection of frequently asked questions concerning the use, compatibility and maintenance of the Light Shaping Device.
Is the LSD Prime / Ultimate compatible with my strobe?
The Light Shaping Device Ultimate is compatible with strobes and flashes listed below:
- Retra Flash Pro X / Prime X / PRO / Prime
- Original Retra Flash
- Inon Z-330 / D200 / Z-240 / D2000
- Ikelite DS125 / 160 / 161 / DS230
- Sea&Sea YS110 / YS250 / YS-D1 / YS-D2 / YS-D3
- Subtronic Alpha / Nova / 160 pro / 160 fusion
- Seacam SF60 / SF100 / SF150 / SF250
- One Uw 160x
- Keldan 50º port / 4x / 8x
If your strobe is not on the list please write to us at: email@example.com.
Can I change the mounting module on my LSD?
Yes, the Light Shaping Device Ultimate consists of two modules;
- The optical tube that shapes the light and is the main component in the LSD,
- and the mounting module that can be exchanged to fit any strobe or flashgun.
You can change the mounting module on the LSD Prime and Ultimate models within minutes by removing the four screws that connect the optical tube and the mounting module.
This way, if you decide to change your strobes you don't need to buy the whole LSD again, only the mounting module.
I scratched the glass of the optical tube, will scratches affect the performance of LSD?
In real situations, scratches on the glass of the optical tube have no visible impact on the light.
This is a collection of frequently asked questions concerning all general topics on products, Retra warranty, etc.
How do I store Retra products?
Always rinse your gear with fresh water and dry completely with a clean towel or rag before storing.
Retra products shouldn't be stored in dry boxes or dry cabinets with humidity under 40 percent.
How deep can I dive with Retra products?
All Retra products are tested and can withstand diving depths of up to 100m.
How much is the shipping?
We offer free Express Worldwide shipping on orders of €98 or above. If your order is less than €98 the shipping cost depends on the size of the order, the destination of the delivery and will be shown separately in your invoice.
What provider do you ship with?
We use DHL Express as our sole shipping service. EU delivery takes 1 - 2 working days, USA and Asia delivery takes 2 - 5 working days.
Do you deliver worldwide?
Yes. We ship our products worldwide every work day Monday to Friday. If the items you are ordering are on stock, they will be sent within 1-2 working days depending on the size of your order.
Where do I ship my Retra equipment for service?
You can ship your Retra equipment to Spodnje Gameljne 36a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, EU.
But before you send your equipment in for service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send us a description of the problem and relevant photo or video material and we can help assess the problem.
Do you offer warranty for Retra products?
All Retra UWT products are included with a minimum of 1 year Retra Warranty. Keeping your Retra Flash up to date with the latest firmware via the Retra UWT App automatically extends your warranty by an additional year to a total of 2 years of warranty. This warranty does not cover any damage caused by misuse, neglect, accidents, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, corrosion, normal wear and tear or transport damage (by airlines for example). Flooding of the battery compartment is not covered by this warranty. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repairs void this warranty.
All repairs or replacements under warranty are free of charge, excluding costs of shipping and import/export duties and charges. We see it as our responsibility to take care of our products even after the warranty period expires. Please contact us if any issues arise with our products at any time.
Didn't find an answer to your question?
If you didn't find the information you were looking for on the FAQ page, feel free to contact us via this form and we'll answer any questions you may have.
We usually respond within 24 hours during work days.