How does it work?
Inside the housing there is a connector (1) connected to the camera and the sensor (2) via cable. The housing wall (3) can be up to 20mm thick and made of various materials (aluminium, inox, plastic etc.). The transmitter (4) and the sensor (2) have to be positioned on the same axis.
Bulb and lock
The uTrigger is equipped with bulb and lock functions which allow the photographer to make long exposures.
When not in use the uTrigger can be locked to avoid accidental triggers and using the battery.
The uTrigger can be connected at any time during the dive thanks to it's short range wireless technology. When not connected the uTrigger can be mounted to your BCD via the mounting rope.
- it is universal which means you don't need to buy a new device when you change your camera or housing
- it can operate for more than 4000 triggers and up to 3000 seconds of bulb time on a single battery
- it features a bulb and lock option for long exposures and to avoid accidental triggers
- it can be supplied with a three stage voltage meter to test the batteries
- it works in manual and autofocus mode
aluminim anodized housing
weight: 500 g
body lenght: 185 mm
depth rating: -50 m (tested at 6 bar)
cable lenght: 15 ft (4 m)
integrated bulb/lock function
operating voltage: 2 x 9 V battery
|Canon: D30, D50, 1D, 1DS, 1D, MARK II, 1DS MARK II, 5D, 5D MARKII, 1DS MARK III, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D
|Nikon: N90S, F5, F6, F100, F90, F90X, D1, D2X, D200, D90, D300, D300s D3, D3x, D3100, D5000, D5100, D7000, D7100, D4, D800, D700
|Sony Alpha: A100, A200, A350, A700, A900
|Olympus: Pen XZ-1, E-PL2, Ep-1, Ep-2, E-1, E-3, E-10, E-20, E-30, E-PL5
|For complete list of compatible cameras click here.|
What is it used for?
- Long exposures
- Shy animals
How do I focus?
The uTrigger uses a one stage triggering method which works with manual and autofocus settings.
- with the camera in autofocus mode and the focus priority turned on, the camera will start to focus when the button is pressed
- once the camera is in focus it will be triggered automatically
- with the camera in manual focus mode it is triggered when the button is pressed
Will it fit my housing?
The uTrigger requires two small surfaces on the inside and the outside of the housing where you can mount the sensor bucket and the transmitter button. Both surfaces measure less than 15mm in diameter.
- Mounting bucket on the inside of the housing (for sensor):
- Mounting button on the outside of the housing (for transmitter):
- Slim connectors for connecting to cameras:
Canon E3 ->
Canon N3 ->
Nikon USB ->
Battery status - advanced option
uTrigger comes in two options. Regular or advanced, uTrigger plus.
The uTrigger plus is supplied with a three stage voltage meter to test the batteries.
Connecting the dots on the transmitter and the uTrigger housing will show the status of the battery.
Three-stage voltage meter*
4 x rubber bands
2 x O-ring seal
Additional mounting buttons
BEAUTY IS IN THE DETAIL